This week I completed another sample for the Irish Woodland Quilt.
If you remember, a little bit ago I showed off the purple version using hexie blocks to make flower centers. You can see that blog post by clicking here.
Well, this week I completed the top for the red version!
I used the techniques that I shared a bit ago about making hexie flowers with English Paper Piecing.
At first I was worried that the orange and yellow would dominate the quilt and it would turn into a candy corn Halloween quilt. But the red really balanced it out. Now I think of long, hot summer days. Just what I wanted!
I love how changing up colors can turn the same quilt into something something completely different!
To get this pattern, check out my shop here.
Have fun quilting!