This is a continuation from this post where I tried to make a holiday ornament table runner. To sum it up, I made it and didn't like it, so I finished it and decided to make another one.
So here it is.
I decided to go for an easier route on this one.
For this second table runner I used raw edge applique and just cut out the pieces I wanted. I glued them on with a small school glue stick. Just enough so they would stick for a couple minutes while I got the outside edges stitched on using my free motion quilting foot.
I made three ornaments. Teal, Purple, and Pink. I traced an aluminum can to get the correct size and shape and cut them out.
For the ornament topper I made a triangle out of yellow fabric and snipped the top off. I tucked it behind the circle.
For the string, I used some thin Offray satin ribbon.
After all the pieces were glued on, I quilted over each piece. The ribbon got a quick little wavy line. Each ornament topper had a tight wavy lines to look like ridges. Each ornament had a different all over design, and the background had more wavy lines.
It also has perfect mitered corners!
The back was some more sparkle fabric in a light teal color.
Even though one of the table runners does not look anything like ornaments, I like the way they both turned out. I love it how some times failures turn into good things.